Click here to visit our 2020 Convention Homepage
The 8th annual Maine Farmers’ Market Convention will take place at the Maple Hill Farm Inn in Hallowell on Sunday, January 31st, 2016. This day-long event is an opportunity for farmers’ market members, managers, and supporters to come together to learn from one another and from experts in related fields.
We expect this year’s roster to include the following topics:
- Food safety requirements for a safe and legal farmers’ market
- Pricing: breaking even or making a profit?
- Scaling up your FM business
- Working with municipal governments – how to build good relationships
- Soliciting market sponsorships
- Developing (and enforcing) market rules
- Effective outreach to low-income shoppers
- Market promotion and outreach
- Farmers’ markets in 2020 and beyond
- Labor law and your FM business
- Market manager roundtable discussion
- What’s happening at your market? News from around the state
There will also be small sessions throughout the day on topics including FM Tracks training (the application used for participants in the FINI grant), applying to join the FINI incentive program, signing up for FNS numbers with the USDA, and advice for new market vendors.
The MFFM Annual Meeting will take place at 1:00, immediately after lunch.
Registration includes a delicious, locally-sourced lunch. There will also be a light breakfast served during registration, coffee and muffins during the mid-morning break, and a mid-afternoon coffee break.
Registration is not yet open.
Farmers’ market vendor or manager: $75.
Farmers’ market vendor/manager conference presenter: $55
Friend of the market: $90
Friend of the market presenter: $70