USDA FNS requirements for SNAP authorization application

Below are the various documents and details needed to complete the SNAP retailer authorization process. There are 4 distinct entity types detailed here and each requires different documentation.

Government Owned/Operated/Sponsored:
1. Copy of IRS Tax Exemption for the city/town.
2. City/town official to sign the application/reauthorization.
3. Letter from the city/town that they are operating the farmers market.
4. We like a Photo id (driver’s license) of that city official but it isn’t mandatory.

501(C)3 Federal Non-profit Organization:
1. Ex Director or Corporate officer of the Non-profit must sign the application or re-authorization
2. Copy of the IRS 501(C)3 Determination Letter.
3. Photo id (driver’s license) of the application signer
4. Letter from the Non-profit organization stating they are the operator/sponsor of the market.

Other Non-profit Organization (state filing) and/or privately owned/operated:
1. Application must be signed by the organization or owner or corporate officer.
2. Photo id (driver’s license) of the application signer
3. Some verification they are the responsible party for the market.

Markets that are a loose association of farmers that have a market manager only running the market for them:
1. Application signed by the market manager.
2. Photo id and SSN verification
3. A letter from the market manager stating he/she is running the market. It must be signed but a few of the vendors for verification.