The Bumper Crop program provides employers like you with an innovative workplace wellness option or employee appreciation incentive. Nourish your employees and support Maine’s farm communities!
MFFM has made Bumper Crop easy to use for both markets and employers. Just contact us and we’ll help you get started!
We track employee participation to chart the positive impact your participation makes on your workplace and the community. And we know it works! In 2019, we found that nearly half of the participants in our Bangor pilot program increased their farmers’ market shopping, and had a great time doing it!
Bumper Crop is a collaboration, and we always welcome new ideas to make it more enriching for your employees and our partner markets.
No matter how your company chooses to participate, Bumper Crop means a nourishing show of appreciation for your workers, more revenue for Maine’s farmers and small businesses, and the continuation of a long-standing Maine tradition: the healthy, fun, community-driven experience of shopping at a farmers’ market. It’s a win-win-win!
What’s required of employers?
- Provide incentives to encourage your employees to shop at local farmers’ markets
- Distribute Bumper Crop promotional materials about local farmers’ markets to your employers
- Share 1 or 2 online surveys with your employees to help us improve the program
- To support local farms. Buying direct from farmers at market is more affordable for shoppers and more profitable for farmers.
- To take care of your employees. A gift card/voucher to the farmers’ market is a gesture of appreciation, an introduction to healthy food options, a way to connect with community and more!
- To strengthen our community. Farmers’ markets are vital economic and social hubs in Maine. In addition to feeding dollars back into local agriculture, shoppers tend to support other nearby businesses while visiting a farmers’ market. And many markets have anti-hunger programs that help low-income Mainers access healthy food.
How do we sign up?
Glad you asked! Email MFFM’s Director of Programs Jimmy DeBiasi at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be in touch quickly!
Learn from other’s experiences: City of Bangor Wellness Project
Click here to find out about how this program worked for the City of Bangor in 2019!